Southern belle with a story to tell. Refreshing iced tea served after literary punches thrown.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Q: What Happens When You Write and Cook at the Same Time?

A:  You have your husband and son become members of the clean plate club!  And oh yes, I served this dish with iced tea, the beverage of the south!


There truly is a reason we call some dishes, "comfort food", and it is because the food nourishes the body and soul, reminds us of happier times surrounded by those we love, and it is a taste of home, even if your hometown is thousands of miles away.

The recipe was a hit, so give it a try!  Both my husband and son loved it, and my crock pot o' fun, is now empty.  Not even a smidgen of leftovers for tomorrow was to be found.  Oh well, it's not as if I will starve by not having any leftovers in the refrigerator.  I've lost a few pounds this year, and am rather happy about that, and as my grandmother once said, "An instant on the lips, means a lifetime on the hips."

She was a great cook, and an even greater grandmother. She warmed my soul with her amazing southern cuisine, filled my heart with joy and life with love, and cooled scorching summer days with her famous sweet tea.

In fact, I'm missing her very much right now.  She is gone from our lives, but never from our hearts or soul, and is the woman who inspired the title and spirit of my blog.  I think you'd have liked this recipe tonight, grandma.

No comments: