Join me on Saturday, December 10th, from 12 to 2 p.m. at Kennesaw State University and meet up with the Georgia Writers' Association for a holiday party to benefit the children at Calvary Children's Home. I'll share with you a few family Christmas memories and also read from a "certain" holiday favorite and here's a hint.."You'll shoot your eye out!"
Make the holiday season shine brighter for the children at Calvary, and visit www.georgiawriters.org for information on how to reserve your spot and attend! Each guest is to bring one (or more!) of the following:
- Gift cards to bookstores to allow children to select their own books
- Gift cards to McDonald’s, WalMart, & Target (often used as incentives and awards
- Gift cards to gas stations (both the Home and the college-age kids travel a lot)
- Books for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade summer reading lists in the public schools
- Christian books—devotional and inspirational
- Other books as appropriate
If you can't attend, then please consider donning your Santa Claus hat, and sending one of the items mentioned above to Calvary Children's Home. Tis' much more fun to give than to receive.
Pssst ya'll, I am one of the featured readers at the event!