Southern belle with a story to tell. Refreshing iced tea served after literary punches thrown.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blog Tag! I'm It and You're Next!!!



I got tagged on the virtual playground today by fellow writer and AQC friend, Kela McClelland.     Go and check out her blog btw ( http://teardropsonmybook.blogspot.com/ ) She in turn was tagged by another AQC friend, E.M. Labonte.

Oh you haven't visited Agent Query Connection?  Well then you surely must stop by for a bit!  For writers, it's a wonderful opportunity to meet and greet with others and it is a great place to perfect our craft.  Agent Query Connect  I've had a wonderful time since joining over there, and made some very good friends.



This is going to be fun and I hope you enjoy this game of literary virtual tag!  You just got tapped on the shoulder and as you quickly turned around, you saw me running away from you in the opposite direction.  

TAG!  You're it!

Copy and paste these fun questions onto your blog site and then tag some friends.  I'm going to personally tag some of my blog friends below but don't let that keep you from playing if you don't see your name.  Join in on the fun!  And if you do have a chance, pop over to AQC for even more literary adventures.

1. What is your dream vacation?  Hubs & I want to go to St. Lucia, but also charter a sailboat and go visit some smaller islands.  He can sail those things pretty darn well!  We'd like to sail to her neighboring islands of Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines.

2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead? A little of both.  As a parent, most of the time there's a little bit of planning ahead for almost every endeavor, but when our son is spending the night with his friends (he's a young teen) we'll turn back into daredevils and attempt a night out..alone..and without any set plans!
3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don't dare do it. Get into a shark cage.  I love to dive, but am scared to do that.  It does seem exciting though.
4. What's your biggest phobia? Scared of heights.  I hate the first few minutes of a plane ride because it's not like God gave us wings to fly.  I'm fine after that.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island-what three things would you want with you? (Not including your laptop or family) Hubs cellphone which can call anywhere, a solar powered power mat for cell phone, and sweet tea.  That way I can get off of the island.  Until that happened, I would at least have a refreshing beverage.
6. Name three blessings in your life.  My son, my husband, and my sister.
7. What was your nickname in High School?  Oh dear..I didn't have a nickname.  I did have one in college though sort of.  I was a little sister for Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity (then-boyfriend was a member) and they nicknamed me "Wildflower" because one day I sat outside in the green space near the biology building and wove some clover into a necklace.  I do have one friend who calls me "Jo Jo" though.
8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him? Oh dear.  There's a lot I'd like to say to him.    We need jobs.  WE NEED JOBS here now!  I'd also like to inform him that just because people may still have a job, it doesn't mean they're 100 percent employed.  Today there is a new phenomenon..the UNDERemployed, and they are either forced to take a pay cut or endure loss of time/hours at work.  You don't consider them in your unemployment figures Mr. President.
9. If you could be any literary character, who would you be?  Oh that's easy.  I just finished reading THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern and I would love to be Celia Bowen for a minute.  She's gorgeous, artistic and magical.  
10. What is your favorite quote?  For writing it's this one by Hunter S. Thompson:
 "I want to make a promise to you, the reader. And I don't know if I can fulfill it tomorrow, or even the day after that. But I put the bastards of this world on notice that I do not have their best interests at heart. I will try and speak for my reader. That is my promise. And it will be a voice made of ink and rage."   

Oh yoo-hoo?  You just got tapped on the shoulder!

Well sort of.   Stop by and say hello to these fine folks at their blogs. 

No comments: